Monday, December 29, 2008

A Countdown Story Tag (started by Faye)

12
12 months differentiates our age.
But it's not our age that matters. It's our status quo.
Don't you understand? We are a world apart.
Me, an achiever. You, a trouble-maker.

11

11 times you asked me out in a week.
How could I say yes?
You are like the storm that would make me forget myself...
A gale that would perish all that I have built in my life..

10

10 times were the number of times I hardened my feelings and hurled a cold, "No" to you.
But I have no more strength to push you away.
As if you knew...
You came at the time I was at my weakest...
At the time I was most fragile...

9

9 guys who held me captive, you bashed up with no compassion.
You grabbed one of them roughly by the collar
and asked his reason for their indecency.
Lady K was his answer.
The girl in my class whom I refused to give my answers to.
The girl in my class who threaten me to stay away from you.

8

8 times you made Lady K kowtow to me, asking for my forgiveness.
I forgive.
Because I can't bear to see your eyes burning with such fury....
Your eyes....were no longer tender and loving as they always were.

7

Seventh day of the first week in August is the day we first went out together.
Officially.
Me and You.
Holding hands together.
Linking our thoughts in silence.
Savouring the sweet moments...
before fate turns against us.

6

Six o'clock was my pitiful curfew. Yet you never complain.
You made full use of the limited time we had with each other.
You brought me to places I have never been.
You introduced me to the fun I have never tasted.
You opened my eyes to a new outlook on life.
Life isn't all about achivements....
Life isn't all about being the best among the best.
Life is, you said,
giving your best and cherishing each moment that you live.

I'm sorry I never found the courage to tell you that YOU gave me life.

5
Five times I had this nightmare.
A nightmare with you inside...leaving me alone in the cold dark vast abyss.
An uneasy feeling that just won't bug off.
I confronted you...but you just pushed me away.
Something's wrong.
You were hiding something from me.
It hurted that you didn't trust me enough to share your pain with me.

4

Four in the morning, I heard a tap in my window. It was you.
You always find it fascinating to climb old fir tree by my house to reach my room...but my heart always fear for you.
"What are you doing? It's chilling outside," I whispered as I slide the window.
"No time to explain. Crest and his gang's after me. It's a long story. Are you coming?" you asked.

3

Three seconds gone by.
You gave me no time to answer. Because you have already decided.
"I'm sorry. It's stupid of me to ask you. Why would I want you to be a victim of my mistakes?!"
You don't want to drag me down with you.
Everything's happening too fast. I was too stunned to think.
"I'll come back for you," you promised.

You kissed me
and then you were gone.

My first kiss.
It wasn't what I had expected.
Why does a bitter taste linger on my lips?
Why can't I stop my tears from flowing?

I opened my hand to see the hard object you pressed in my palm.

A small ring.
Encircled with heart-shaped patterns,
with our initials in the middle,
Entwine in gold.

2
Two months I didn't hear from you.
Not a message. Not a phone call. Not a whisper.
I lost my hope.
I lost my purpose of life.
You were already becoming my pillar.

Exactly what I had feared from the beginning of our relationship.
Exactly the reason I had refused to acknowledge my feelings for you.

1

One day, I saw the news....
Your picture splayed across the screen.
I stifled a sob.
You kept your promise.
You came back for me after all.
They said you died in a random gang fight.
But I knew better.
Crest

0
0 represents the ring I wore on my necklace.
0 represents the hole you left in my heart.

I must admit. It wasn't easy to get near Crest.
But I have the advantage of being a woman.
And Crest has the disadvantage of being a womanizer.
I seduced his heart and stabbed it with the vengeance and agony I bottled up since the day of your loss.
Ah. Our story ends with a happy ending, doesn't it?
I know I'll see you soon.

0 represents the hole of the shotgun barrel.
0 represents the hole I left in my head.

© [Faye] 2008 - 2009. All rights reserved. Distribution of any kind is prohibited without the written consent of [Faye].
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED

Since I'm too bored and had nothing better to do, I decided to start this thread. =D

INSTRUCTIONS:

Now, you MUST rewrite a story of your own,
using the concept of the countdown (number 12 till 0),
based on your own creativity,
your own idea.
There's no limit to the length of the story.
Any genre of story is allowed, as long as it is suitable for ALL age

Then, the title of your post should have the name of the person who tagged you, written in brackets.
Example: A Countdown Story Tag (tagged by xxx)

If you're done, feel free to tag other people.
List them out at the end of the post, hyperlinked.
(After all...what's the point in writing a story if it can't be enjoyed by other people?!)
Notify them in their cbox that they've been tagged.

This tag is purely for fun, and to improve your writing skills, also to enhance your imagination.

I'm not gonna say bad luck will follow you if you don't continue this thread.
I'll just wish you a
Happy Prosperous New Year


I tagged:

6. Keen

No comments:

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.