Saturday, December 27, 2008

Local Movies v.s. Foreign Movies

'Directors laud call to raise Hollywood movie ticket price'

That article in News Straits Times, December 25, is one bad news for avid movie-goers like me.
If the ticket price for Hollywood movies are hiked, there's no other option. That'll definitely be the end of those nice outings to the cinemas with friends!
Bye bye popcorns!
Bye bye full surround systems!

Not that I'm gonna really miss you all like crazy....since your quality in the local cineplex is wayyyyy downcast, compared to those in big city like KL!

On the other hand, I fully support the article situated directly below it:

'Good storylines will sell local films, save industry'

I personally think that Danny G's opinion is quite realistic...at least it is for me! I've picked some quotes I like:

Why should the people be made to pay for the shortcomings of the local film industry?

The move (increasing the ticket price for Hollywood movies to RM 20 to save the local film industry) would only make DVD sellers happy and bring down the cinema industry, which was now enjoying a revival.

"The reason why most local movies are not attracting the crowd is because they are poorly made and lack a good storyline".

Ooo...I love that downright opinion.
Yes. I totally root for that opinion.
Especially the 'lack a good storyline' part.
I feel that our movie industry needs to do more touch ups on that essence.

I've not really watched all the local movies...but I did catch a glimpse of CicakMan.
Not really impressed though. Is that movie suppose to be comedy or an action/adventure?
When I watched it, I'm all like: =.=! thoughout the movie.
*sigh*
I can't shake off the 'that's lame and stupid' thought from my head.


Hope the local movie industry would improve~

No comments:

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.