Sunday, December 21, 2008

Palm Terrace Cafe

again.
This time, the trip does not involve any PM projects whatsoever.
And....
This time, the experience sits between disappoinment and i'll-never-step-in-here-ever-again.

Well, I bumped into a friend of mine from E.M.....
(Somehow, we always bump into each other there for buffet.)

Then, my mum met her colleague.
(Right. Call that fate...or destiny, anything!)

Next, we met Sherlene's mum...who's a friend of my mum's.
(Wow. How does coincidence work?!)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about them upsetting my dining experience.
It's rather the food and ambience in the restaurant.
And also, my rather forgetful brain.
I've forgotten to bring along a phone at least to take pictures!
Gah! There's sooooo many pics I wanted to take that night!
*sniff* regret!regret!regret!

Anyway, let's get down to business.
Here's my feedback:


Decorations
Comment: Very nice. Loveeeee the snowy-white Christmas tree!
Rate: 6.8 out of 10

Food
Comment:
I think the presentation of food is quite appealing. The salads and desserts are put into small cups and saucers. They look so cute! (*sigh* yearning to take their pictures).

Alright, here comes the downside. There's less variety of food. Last time, there used to be stalls providing Japanese food: Teppanyaki, Western food: Lamb Leg, Chinese food: Peking Duck, outside the restaurant. There used to have more seafood too. Salmon, mussels, prawns, crabs .....are quite common in a buffet restaurant right? Palm Terrace Cafe offers all but mussels (my favourite!).

Oh, yes! One of the shell food they offer (which I had forgotten the name, thanks to my forgetful memory) ....seems to contain more sand than meat!
"吃沙还多过吃肉!," my brother commented. LMAO!

Rate: Due to the lack of variety (especially my favourite ones!), the rating is 3.7 out of 10

Ambience
Comment:
I'm not sure if they have changed the band....but the quality of their singing definitely turn 180° anti-clockwise. Meaning, in a blunt way....they croaks like toads do during rainy days. Also, they can't pronounce some words clearly. In one Chinese song, they mispronounced one word that transform the meaning entirely. The Chinese word for 'guess', sounded like 'step on'. That become the butt of our jokes.

Rate: 4 out of 10

~* BEST Highlight of Event *~
Our supposed-to-be-normal-and-enjoyable dinner took an unexpected sharp turn when my brother (having blessed with a pair of keen observant eyes), noticed something in his lasagna.

A closer look reveals the unthinkable......


A hair.

Somehow, it's embedded comfortably in that piece of meat.
The top and end part of the hair can be seen visibly

(I know I'm no Leonardo da Vinci....but it's more or less like how I try to portray it in the drawing above)

The middle part? Must be snugging inside the meat.



Gross......Revolting......Completely turn on my appetite!


(I'm being sarcastic in that last piece of compliment.)

No comments:

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.