Friday, December 26, 2008

Movie Day

In need of larger storage space and faster speed in the laptop, my sis decided to clear up some stuff. So, we went through the bunch of dramas / movies she kept in her laptop. After watching, those that didn't pass the bar are going straight to the Recycle Bin (never understand why they name it that way since the documents can't be recycle right?)






My Say:
I'm kinda smitten by the characters of Li Xiaoyao & Tang Yu.
But overall, I think the drama's kinda boring.
It's predictable and doesn't really keep your interest in it.
And what the heck? The WHOLE 38-episode series revolve around love?!
The bad villain is trying to prove that true love doesn't exist at all so he keeps playing "games" with the good-guys couples.
But I must admit....there's some nice quotes in there!
And I acquire much knowledge on the "Dao" (though I'm still confused if it's some branch in Buddha teachings or just a thing to achieve when you die)

Then, we move on to The Shutter

My Say:
I don't really get spooked actually, since I'm multi-tasking while watching this movie.
(=P that's my trick in watching horror movie! After all, it's pretty pointless to get nightmares from watching horror movies.)
Anyway, I think this movie's a little combination of all the other Japanese scary movies.
I can see a little "The Grudge" (the office lights flickering), and "The Missed Call" (figuring if there's anything in the wall).
But, I like the ending, especially the concept in how the truth is revealed:
He took pictures everywhere in his room, (trying to find out where the ghost is, I guess)
and then the camera accidentally took a picture of himself.
...
The ghost has been on top of him all these while.
Oooo....creepy!
Serve that bastard right!


CURRENTLY FEEDING ON:

DR. HOUSE

No comments:

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.